Jr Mini Stock Rules
Grayson County Speedway
This class was started as a way to include younger drivers in our sport. It is the intent of the owners of Grayson County Speedway that this class will continue to be a “safe haven” for our young drivers. All drivers are reminded that the spirit of this class is one of sportsmanship, learning, and fun for the kids. If you as a driver detract from this atmosphere, in any way, you will be asked to find a new class.
Rule 1 – Have Fun
Rule 2 – Respect other drivers
Rule 3 – Learn about Racing
Grayson County Speedway reserves the right to inspect any car at any time. No car will be considered as having been approved for safety or legality by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved.
Minor release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement
1. The form must be filled out completely by both parents in the presence of a notary.
2. This form must have the seal of the notary before the minor will be allowed to enter the race.
3. The form will be on file with the Grayson County Speedway officials.
1. *** NEW RULE *** Must be 12 years of age and no older than 20 at start of season.
2. Track Officials have the authority to permit or not permit a driver under 16 to participate based on seat time, maturity, and demonstration of safe and courteous driving skills.
1. Two or four door sedan body with steel top.
2. Station wagons and trucks allowed.
3. No convertibles allowed.
4. Production wheelbase limited to a maximum of 102″.
5. Complete body, hood, trunk lid and fenders to remain stock.
6. Cars must have complete frame (no cutting).
7. ***NEW RULE*** Front wheel drive vehicles are allowed.
SEAT BELTS & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
1. Snell-rated SA2000 or SA2005 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment (Fire retardant recommended).
2. SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant neck brace, gloves and shoes required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear; head and neck restraints.
3. Driver-side window net required minimum 16″x 20″ ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted so latch is at top front of window.
4. Minimum three-inch wide five point safety belt assembly required (Y-type shoulder harness not allowed), must be mounted securely to roll cage, and recommended to be no more than one year old.
5. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked OFF and ON
1. All doors must be welded or bolted.
2. Body must remain stock, no body modifications.
3. Headlight, parking, taillight assemblies must be removed.
4. Body must be neat and have a complete firewall separating engine and driver and a complete firewall separating fuel container and driver.
5. Must have full floorboards, trunk floor, and rear fender wells in stock location.
6. Front windshield area must be covered with driver’s protection bars.
7. Must have full window net on drivers side with quick disconnect.
8. Skirts no lower than 4” from ground.
9. Car number must be minimum four inches thick and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on sides, top and back of car, and front, if possible. 1 and 2 digit numbers are advised for 2011 and will be mandatory in 2012.
1. Any added weight must be securely bolted with 2 half-inch bolts and painted white with car number on it.
1. Stock for make and model. No weight jacks allowed.
2. Stock shackles, no welded sliders, no spacers or similar may be used to alter suspension. Non-adjustable front spring spacers ok.
3. One shock or strut per wheel only. Racing springs and shocks allowed. Struts may slot upper mount for adjustment. Rear shocks and springs must be in factory stock locations. Lowering blocks will be allowed.
1. Front and rear bumpers must be centered on frame rails and in original location.
2. Front bumpers may be 1 1/2″ O.D. pipe, or OEM type, no more than 10″ overall height and no wider than the ball joints. No sharp edges.
3. Single loop radiator brace can be installed in front of the radiator, behind bumper, within the confines of the body, no wider than stock frame horns, may tie frame horns together. No cattle guard types.
4. Rear bumper may not extend back more than 6″ from any part of the body and may be no more than 10″ high. No blunt or sharp edges. Rear bumpers may be fabricated from 1 1/2″ O.D. pipe or tubing only. May not wrap around rear quarters.
5. Stock type bumpers may be used on front and/or rear
1. In-line four-cylinder. No rotary engines or turbos.
2. Engine must be OEM for make of car or truck and in stock location.
3. Engine Ford (2.3 max) Chevy (2.5 max)
1. Standard or automatic transmissions allowed. Automatic transmissions must use torque converters. No ram type coupling devices allowed.
2. No multi-disc clutches allowed.
3. All cars must have a clutch scatter shield. Scatter shield may be fabricated from 1/4″ minimum steel and secured to floor covering clutch area.
4. Transmissions must have working forward and reverse.
5. No oil coolers in drivers’ compartment.
1. Only one radiator is allowed, centered in front of engine.
2. Must have stock or metal fan shroud in place.
1. Headers or stock exhaust manifold.
2. Mufflers are required. Must run mufflers. 98DB
3. Pipe must exhaust under the car.
1. Locked rear ends are allowed. No positraction type devices.
2. Rear end must be stock for make.
3. No alteration of drive shaft allowed.
4. Drive shaft must be painted white and have a minimum of two safety loops.
1. All cars must have a minimum of four (4) functioning brakes.
2. No driver controlled brake system
1. All cars must have a minimum six-point roll cage.
2. All roll cages must be at least 1½” outside diameter x .095 wall minimum steel tubing.
3. Driver’s head must be at least 2″ lower than roll cage.
4. All cages must have three horizontal bars running from front to back between upright bars on both sides of driver. Min .063” plate must be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
5. Any bracing inside car body is allowed.
6. Under the hood (engine compartment) bracing is allowed.
7. All interior glass, chrome, door handles, lights, trim and anything else that may come loose on impact, must be removed.
8. All flammable material (except driver seat and headrest) must be removed.
9. Fenders may be cut for tire clearance. No internal reinforcing allowed.
10. ALUMINUM RACING SEAT REQUIRED. NO FIBERGLASS SEATS ALLOWED.
11. Roll bar padding anywhere the driver may come in contact with.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. 1.8″ maximum width, steel wheels only. Washers, plating or double nuts are allowed. No aluminum wheels.
2. Tires must be 60 or 70 series street tires only. No mud or knobbies or 80 series. No racing tires, no racing brands and no retreads.
3. No bead locks. No grooving of tires.
1. Pump gasoline only.
2. No nitro, additives or methanol alcohol allowed.
3. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system – a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.
1. Racing fuel cell required.
2. Tank or cell must be mounted to floor with a minimum of two steel straps.
3. Tank or cell must be insulated from floor with rubber.
4. Tank or cell must be located a minimum of 12″ from both side of car and 12″ from rear of car body.
5. Tank or cell must have a vent hose extending through floor.
6. Vent hose must be clamped in place and secured.
7. Floor in fuel tank area must have holes to allow spilled fuel to drain out of car.
8. Any loss of fuel requires leaving track immediately.
9. Fabricated tanks must be a minimum of .040 thick.
1. Battery must be securely mounted in a marine box or be a GEL CELL type battery.
2. Battery must be in good working condition capable of starting car.
1. RUB RAILS: Maximum one inch wide by two inch tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. Attachment bolts or welds no more than 4 inches from front and rear of rails.
2. Nerf bars are only allowed between wheels.
1. It’s for sale. $400 plus swap for the long block as defined in IMCA, $50 plus swap for the carburetor.
2. Top 4 are for sale. Any car on the lead lap that takes the checkered may buy.
3. Track may buy any component for twice the swap price.
4. Must sell or forfeit all money for night, points for season.
5. A second refusal will result in suspension from this class for the remainder to the season.
6. Track may cancel claim if they feel it is in the best interest of the class.
1. Visible items such as rims, tires, body suspension, steering and etc. will be $25 each.
2. Protest on rear end or front end will be $75 and cover must be removed.
3. Clutch and flywheel protest will be $60 and will be removed from car.
Jr Mini Stock Rules