Hot Stock Rules 2014
Grayson County Speedway
Grayson County Speedway reserves the right to inspect any car at any time. No car will be considered as having been approved for safety or legality by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved.
1. Cars must be 1960 to current.
2. Must be stock American made streetcars.
3. No commercial vehicles or convertibles.
4. Camaros, car based wagons and ½ ton and ¾ ton rwd regular cab trucks will be allowed.
5. Minimum wheelbase will be 107.. Left and right side must be no more than a ½ inch difference. NO TOLERANCE.
. May be built from full size Chevrolet
. May move rear axle to top of leaf spring
. Must retain stock wheel base and motor location
. Must conform to all other applicable Hotstock rules
WEIGHT – Track option to enforce a minimum weight limit of 2,950 pounds, after race with driver in car. NO TOLERANCE.
1. May be constructed of either 1 ½” x .120 wall for 1 ¾” x .095 wall tubing.
2. Must be at least four, (4) point cage with two bars going back to rear sub frame.
3. Must have at least three, (3) bars in driver’s side door and steel door plates, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of door bars on driver’s side. Plate must cover area from top door bar to frame and from rear down post to five inches in front of seat.
4. Must be visible for inspection.
5. Roll cage must have proper bracing and triangulation at front and rear bars.
6. Front and rear sub frames may be tied together.
7. May run one and three-fourths (1 ¾”) inch tubing from front of roll cage to form a hoop around engine and to be used as radiator support.
8. May have maximum two horizontal bars, (in addition to bar tying front frame horns together) for radiator protection; must be behind bumper, within confines of body, no wider than OEM frame horns.
9. No heavy bracing of fenders. One (1.) inch pipe maximum and must have rounded corners.
10. No nerf bars.
11. Cage may not be mounted no further back than 6” in front of the rear tire.
12. Seat may not be mounted no further back than 6” in front of the rear tire. Measured from bottom of seat to front of tire,
1. Minimum three windshield bars in front of driver.
2. Aluminum high-back seat only, must be bolted in using minimum 0.375 inch bolts. Seat must remain inside all confines of roll cage and be mounted on left side of drive shaft hump. Entire seat shall be no less than 6” forward of front of rear tire.
3. Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine and fuel cell.
4. Kick and rocker panels may be removed.
5. Front OEM firewall may be replaced using steel fabricated firewall, 18 gauge or minimum 0.049 inch thickness. Top of firewall can be no further back than 12 inches from the back of engine block, measured horizontally. Bottom of firewall can be no further back than rear of oval body mount frame hole.
6. OEM floor pan may be replaced using steel fabricated floor pan, 18 gauge or minimum 0.049 inch thickness, securely welded to frame. Floor pan may be replaced from front firewall to rear halo supports. Must remain flat/OEM appearing from frame rail to frame rail, can be no higher or lower than frame rail. Tunnel must remain similar to OEM tunnel in size.
7. Rear firewall may be aluminum or steel and may be located no further forward than rear halo supports and no higher than bottom of rear opera windows. All holes in firewalls must be covered with metal.
8. No driver-adjustable devices allowed while car is in competition except brake adjuster.
9. No mirrors of any kind.
10. Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted so latch is at top front of window. Window net is highly recommended, however arm restraints will be allowed.
1. Car number must be minimum four inches thick and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on both sides, top and back of car, and front, if possible. 1 and 2 digit numbers are required and no three digit numbers are allowed.
2. All bodies must retain stock appearance, aftermarket steel replacement and fabricated aluminum panels, fenders, doors, lower rear quarters,hoods and trunk lids are allowed.(ask before you build)
3. Skirts are allowed (plastic or aluminum)
4. Plastic wheel covers are allowed
5. Rear quarter window covers are allowed.
6. All glass, chrome, plastic, door handles and etc. must be removed.
7. Wheel openings may be trimmed for tire clearance.
8. Gutting on inside of body will be permitted for roll cage installation.
9. Body and Chassis may be of different type as long as the chassis meets OEM specs. All location rules will pertain to the chassis, not the body.
10. Maximum seven inch metal sun visor may be added to top of windshield opening.
11. Ground effects/skirting allowed must not extend below bottom of rim or widest part of door.
12. No Cowl type air exits in hood or body panels.
13. No ram air induction
Spoilers will be allowed
1. Rear spoiler can be maximum no more than 5″ above deck lid.
2. Lexan spoilers allowed, no more than 8” above deck lid.
3. Spoiler side boards should be no longer than 7. forward and be confined within deck lid.
Protruding Air Cleaners
1. If air cleaner protrudes through hood area, hood scoop is required.
2. No holes in cowl.
3. Cowl may cover complete hole and filter assembly.
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. Rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings only – no offset or bearing type.
2. No sway bars. Exceptions are: weight jacks allowed – must be in original centerline of spring tower; OEM upper A-frame mount may be moved or replaced with an aftermarket one piece solid steel mount matching upper A-frame bolt on design; OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed.
3. For 1978-1987 GM mid-sized metric frame, OEM upper A-frame may be replaced using aftermarket upper IMCA style A-frame.
4. Shock location may be moved and may go through center of aftermarket upper A-frame, but frame cannot be altered in any way.
5. Single hole shock mounts only.
6. Speedway motors upper tubular A-arm for Camaro Item #: 91034397-9 will be allowed in Hot Stock. Standard 9. length ONLY!
1. No rack and pinion.
2. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. Exceptions are: bolt on spindle savers allowed, OEM steering column may be replaced with steel knuckles and steel steering shafts (collapsible recommended).
3. Quick release required – steering quickener and steering wheel may be aluminum. – Any steel OEM style manual power steering pump with integrated reservoir may be used or remote reservoir power steering pump is ok.
1. One steel nonadjustable unaltered shock per wheel.
2. No coil over, air, or remote reservoir shocks.
3. No Schrader or bladder type valve allowed.
4. No coil over eliminators.
1. One steel spring per wheel only.
2. All coil springs must be minimum 4.5 inches O.D. and non-progressive.
1. Aluminum lowering blocks ok.
2. Adjustable lowering blocks are allowed.
3. Leaf spring sliders are not allowed.
4. Multiple vertical hole, adjustable, non-sliding, rear spring shackle may be used.
5. Steel Springs ONLY
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and match frame.
2. No independent rear suspension.
3. Rubber or nylon control arm bushings only.
4. No offset or bearing type or steel bushings.
5. Welded single-hole shock mounts only. Exceptions are: coil springs may be moved, but center line of axle tube can be no further forward than the front of spring, or no further back than rear of spring; shocks may be moved, but must remain behind housing;
6. Lower control arm mounts on rear end may have multiple holes for adjustment (maximum of 5 holes and no longer than 7.5 inches long)
7. Upper control arm mounts on rear end must be level with each other.
8. Fabricated rear trailing arms must remain stock dimension.
1. Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck non-cambered rear end (housing and carrier) allowed.
2. Safety hubs (floater) allowed.
3. No sway / panhard bars.
4. All components must be steel, exceptions are: lowering blocks, axle cap, and drive flange may be aluminum.
5. No adjustable lowering blocks.
6. One inch inspection hole in housing required.
7. Full steel spool, steel mini spool or welded rear end only. Steel axles only.
8. No quick change devices.
9. One piece drive flange only.
10. No torque-dividing differentials.
11. No scalloped ring gears or brake rotors.
1. Minimum two inch diameter steel drive shaft, must be painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least 0.25 inch by two inch steel, or one inch tubing, mounted six inches back from front U-joint.
TIRES / WHEELS
1. 275-60-15 maximum street tire
2. Hoosier and American Racer G-60s or Southwest Speed part #299-499 (southwestspeed.com)
3. NASCAR pull-offs are allowed, No F-10 or F-15′s allowed
4. Grooving and siping allowed
5. 8” max wheel
6. Aluminum, composite or steel spacers only.
7. May use bead lock, on right rear and right front.
8. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8 inches and no wider than 8.75 inches.
9. Steel bolts and lug nuts only.
10. Foam type or plastic outer mud cover allowed on right side wheels.
11. Inner mud cover allowed on left rear only.
12. No bleeder valves.
13. Can groove tires three-eighths (3/8.) inch wide maximum.
14. No mud or snow tires allowed.
15. If brand of tire has been ground off it will be declared illegal.
16. Softening is not allowed. Solvents of any kind are not allowed. Altering tires with any components or chemicals which alter the manufacturer’s baseline-settings of the tire is not allowed.
17. Tires must durometer minimum 50 (measured after race, -2 tolerance)
1. Must have 4 functional brakes with no shut offs
1.Motor mounts may be aftermarket and engine may be moved back. For GM metric frames center of fuel pump must be located minimum 1.75 inches in front of cross member or from back of block to front of crossmember (measured at frame) – 18.75 inches (GM), 22.625 inches (Ford), 21.75 inches (Chrysler) Crossmember may be notched for fuel pump. All others must have ball joint in line center of #1 and #2 spark plug (+ or – 1”).
2. V-6 engine must be in OEM location.
3. Engine mount holes cannot be removed or altered on block. Aftermarket engine mounts allowed, including mid-plate. Engine must be OEM appearing, must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alteration. GM with GM, Ford with Ford, Chrysler with Chrysler.
4. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine.
5. Cooling system may be modified.
6. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground.
1. Any American make engine allowed. No 400 blocks of any make allowed
2. Steel heads, block and oil pan only.
3. OEM passenger vehicle production block only. No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W blocks.
4. No after market blocks.
5. Castings and fittings cannot be changed, no machine work on outside of engine.
6. No cubic inch limit.
7. NO roller cams or liters allowed. Full roller rocker arms allowed.
8. Flat tappet cam/lifters only. No mushroom lifters. Cannot alter lifter bores.
9. OEM firing order cannot be changed.
10. Steel or aluminum water pumps allowed. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only.
11. Accumulator allowed – cannot be located between seat and door bars.
12. Below are the modifications that are allowed:
. Aftermarket valve covers
. Valve cover breathers
. Screw-in studs
. Poly locks
. Aftermarket valve springs
. Guide plates
. Claimer oil pans
. Reduction pulleys OK
. Stud Girdles
1. One 2bbl carburetor allowed. May use any unaltered Rochester, Motorcraft, Carter, Quick Fuel or Holley 2bbl carburetor not to exceed 500cfm.
2. Spacers may not exceed 1 1/4 inch thickness including the gasket.
BUMPERS / RUB RAILS
1. Maximum one inch wide by two inch tall steel or lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. Attachment bolts or welds no more than four inches from front and rear of rails.
2. Front and rear tow hooks are highly recommended to avoid damage if being towed.
3. All front bumpers must be mounted minimum six inches from front frame horns.
4. Steel bumper mounts only.
5. No sharp edges allowed on bumpers, rub rails or bolts.
6. One of two bumper options must be used and must not be over 10” tall
7. OEM: Bumpers not covered by plastic nose or tail piece must be complete, unaltered OEM, capped to fender with steel min 3/16”, welded or bolted.
8. No bars past outside edge of body other than rub rails.
. Fabricated tubular bumpers allowed, must be covered by plastic nose or tail piece and bent to fit with rounded ends.
. Main bumper bar must be no more than a maximum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083-inch (maximum 0.095) wall thickness on front, and 1.750 inch O.D. with maximum of 0.120-inch wall thickness on rear.
1. Mechanical OEM type push rod fuel pumps only.
2. Racing fuel cell required, maximum 22 gallon, must be in minimum 20 gauge steel container.
3. Must be securely fastened in trunk above top of rear frame rails, with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick.
4. No fuel cells allowed over rear end housing.
5. Metal firewall must be between driver and fuel cell.
6. All cell mounts must be steel, securely welded to frame/cage.
7. No adjustable fuel cell mounts.
8. Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves.
9. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system – a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.
10. Fuel lines through driver compartment must run through metal pipe or metal conduit.
11. One fuel filter only, cannot be in driver’s compartment.
12. No cool cans.
13. Air cleaner top/stud cannot direct air into carburetor.
14. No top flow air cleaner housings, cold air boxes or air cleaner duct work.
1. Any gasoline.
2. No alcohol will be allowed.
TRANSMISSION / CLUTCH
. Must be OEM automatic. Torque tubes allowed. Dummy converters allowed. Lightened flex plates are not allowed.
. At least one forward,reverse and neutral gear must be operational.
. Must have approved scatter shield constructed of minimum 0.125 inch by three inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. Flexplate must be full, recommend SFI approved. Manual bump starts allowed.
. 3 or 4 speed OEM transmissions. Must have at least one forward and one reverse gear.
. Flywheels may be lightweight. Must be able to stop and take off unassisted.
. Minimum 7.25” clutch must be mounted on flywheel and functional. NO internal clutch transmissions allowed.
. Must have approved scatter shield constructed of minimum 0.125 inch by three inch steel, 270 degrees around flywheel. Flywheel or flexplate plate must be full, recommend SFI approved. No manual bump starts allowed.
GAUGES / ELECTRONICS
1. No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices.
2. No timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach).
3. No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except analog tach.
4. No adjustable ignition control boxes. Only one 12 volt ignition box allowed, must be out of driver’s reach.
5. No additional ignition accessories. Only change allowed to ignition box is one high-end rev-limiter. Setting can be changed through one chip only, or an internal setting inside box.
6. No alternators or magnetos.
7. No electronic traction control devices.
8. Traction control devices will be assessed a $500 fine, loss of points for season and (2) week suspension.
1. Headers optional. Must be sealed out of driver compartment and will exhaust at between 0 and 45 degrees from strait down if not exiting under the car.
2. Crossover headers are allowed as long as they are sealed off from the drivers compartment.
3. Any working muffler that does not exceed 98db.
ENGINE CLAIM RULE
1. Only top three cars are eligible for claim.
2. Claimer must be on the lead lap of first place car.
3. Claimer must be legal within motor, transmission and carburetor rules. If he/she is found illegal, he/she will be disqualified for the night and receive no points and no pay and will lose his/her right to claim for the rest of the year. And that claim is null and void for the night.
4. Claimee must be legal within motor, transmission and carburetor rules in order to receive points and pay. If he/she is found illegal, he/she will be disqualified, and receive no points and no pay and the motor claim will proceed.
5. Claimer must run claimed motor the next scheduled race night or they lose all claiming rights for the rest of the season.
6. The claimed motor will be marked and checked prior to the heats on the next scheduled race night to ensure the claim is valid.
7. Claimer must have raced three consecutive nights to be eligible to claim.
8. Any driver has the option to 2 claims per race season
9. Refusal of claim
. During motor claim ANY un-sportsman-like conduct by either the claimer, claimee, or their crews will forfeit the claim with the offender being suspended for the remainder of the race season.
. 1st refusal will be disqualified for night, no points no pay and 1 week suspension
. 2nd refusal will be disqualified for the night, no points no pay and a 2 week suspension.
. 3rd refusal will be disqualified for night, no points no pay and suspended for the rest of current race season.
10. Track has the right to refuse a claim if it is deemed a grudge claim.
11. Claim on engine is $1050 cash and swap. Claim includes flywheel and balancing plates($25 goes to wrecker and $25 to official for each engine).
12. Claim does not include:
. Pressure plate
. Motor mounts
. Oil/temp. sending units
. Carburetor spacer
. Fan and pulleys
. Clutch ball
. Clutch arm
. Throw out bearing
. Dip stick
. Water pump
. Fuel pump, rod and plate
. Plug wires
. Water outlet and restrictor
1. Top 3 carburetors are for sale.
2. $400 and swap.
3. Same rules and eligibility as motor buy.
4. Refusal will be disqualification for the night, no points and no pay.
5. Claimer must finish on lead lap of first place car.
1. No protest will be accepted unless in writing.
2. Protest may be made to Track Official in sufficient time before the feature race to permit driver under protest to be notified of protest.
3. Protest on the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, transmission, valve train and internal engine parts will be $100.00
4. Driver must remove parts.
5. Single protests will be $50.00.
6. Single items include
. Roll cage
. Engine block
. Other visible items
7. Rear end with third member $100; with cover $50
8. Any violation wll result in loss of points and pay for the night.
9. Any driver may protest a total of 2 times per season. A driver may only be protested by another driver a total of 2 times per season